Just like buying mattress can be an awakening into how expensive adulthood is, buying a TV can prove to be a tedious business, especially since it is considered as just TV by most people. Apart from the large, vibrant, and sleek designs, some people do not understand why people go through the stress of picking out a smart TV. What should you look out for when picking a smart TV? You might often hear people familiar with their TVs argue on whether a 4K TV is better than an 8K CV, or maybe an HDR, OLED or QLED should be the pick. The TV to consider should depend on your viewing patterns.
If you are a person who does a lot of streaming, Amazon Fire TV should be your pick. They offer a range of applications to offer you seamless streaming on your smart TV. No matter what TV you get, you will need a reliable internet connection for streaming your contents. Need more for your price, these audiovisual alternatives enable you to choose from a package deal of television, internet and your mobile phone. You can also consider whether you prefer separate subscriptions or not. To stream TV, you need a high-speed internet and a streaming device (which is your smart TV).
Here’s your guide to buying a smart TV:
- Resolution: Think TV resolution, think 4K. Contrary to what you might have been told, you have no use for the 8K TV. It is super expensive and 8K movies are not readily available offline.
- Always buy big: Bigger is always better when it comes to TVs. If you can afford it, get it. you can never go wrong with this.
- Upgrade the sound: the TV sound system nowadays is very poor because the screen is flatter. Since audio is an important experience in enjoying television, plan to get a sound system.
- OLED or LED: This has to do with the picture quality. You would need to understand the display technology when choosing your TV. Although OLED is more expensive, it also offers the best in picture technology. You however need to consider that technologies develop, and manufacturers are always adding their own tweaks and technologies to each platform.
- HDR compatibility: with HDR on TV, the picture color remains in their true form.
- Streaming: What’s a TV you do not stream on? A smart TV allows you stream contents; enjoying wireless freedom and control and view any content from your TV.
On why you should stream, regular TV is boring. Streaming services such as Netflix and Disney+ offer a wide range of movies, television, documentaries, and television series from around the world, only available to subscribers. With a good streaming device, these programs and features are made available for watching anytime you want.
Always consider the correct TV size for your room when choosing a smart screen.
Screen size = TV-to-viewer distance/1.6
Whether you are looking to buy a basic or high-performance TV, the biggest factor is your screen size, then pick the largest screen that fits your budget.